- About Us
- Conditions of Service
- Contact Us
North Bay Hydro Distribution limited (NBHDL) is pleased to support the Ontario Governments launch of the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Residential Customers (CEAP) and, starting August 31, the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) . The Government of Ontario is providing relief to support eligible customers struggling to pay their energy bills as a result of COVID-19.
North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited is welcoming staff and customers from the Espanola and Sables Spanish-Rivers areas. The first phase of the two-phase transaction, approved by the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) allows North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited (NBHDL) and New Espanola Hydro to operate as independent but affiliated utilities until 2022. It will be business as usual for customers of both utilities…
North Bay Hydro has submitted its 2020 electricity distribution rate application to the Ontario Energy Board for rates effective May 1, 2020.
Due to high volumes of SPAM email, some emails will occasionally be blocked or bounced.
If you get a bounce, or do not receive a response please contact 705-474-8100 ext 0 to resolve the issue
North Bay Hydro Distribution limited (NBHDL) is pleased to support the Ontario Government’s launch of the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) for Residential Customers. The Government of Ontario is providing $9 million to support eligible residential customers struggling to pay their energy bills as a result of COVID-19.
CEAP will be administered and delivered directly by NBHDL, on behalf of the Government of Ontario and the Ontario Energy Board. CEAP provides a one time, on-bill credit to eligible residential electricity and natural gas customers to help them catch up on their energy bills and resume regular payments. Applications will be accepted beginning July 13th, 2020.
Residential electricity customers may be eligible for CEAP funding if they meet the following criteria:
1. The customer has an account with NBHDL, and applicant MUST be the account holder.
2. The customer had no overdue amount on their bill in respect to charges on March 17, 2020, and the account was not enrolled in payment plans for amounts owing for charges prior to March 17, 2020.
3. The customer failed to make complete payment for the electricity charges (as applicable) on at least two bills, issued since March 17, 2020, and has an overdue balance on the date of their application.
4. The customer, or their spouse or common-law partner that resides in the same residence:
5. The customer has not received emergency financial assistance for their electricity bills under the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) in 2020, and has not received funding under the Ontario Electricity Support Program in 2020.
How to Apply
Due to safety concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, our offices continue to remain closed to the public. You can apply for CEAP in the following ways:
Online CEAP application form:
Complete and send the CEAP Application Form to:
CEAP funding is limited.
Submitting an application for CEAP does not guarantee funding.
For more information, please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s official website:
Questions regarding the CEAP program can be sent by email or phone to our customer service department: