ACQUISITION OF ESPANOLA REGIONAL HYDRO - Background

  • Left Homepage Side Bar

    2021 Rate Application

    North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited’s application to its Regulator, the Ontario Energy Board (OEB), to change its electricity distribution rates was filed on January 5th, 2020. The rate changes will affect all customer classes. The rate changes are proposed to be effective May 1, 2021, when approved.

    Click Here


    CEAP INFORMATION PAGE

    North Bay Hydro Distribution limited (NBHDL) is pleased to support the Ontario Governments launch of the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Residential Customers (CEAP) and, starting August 31, the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) . The Government of Ontario is providing relief to support eligible customers struggling to pay their energy bills as a result of COVID-19.

    Click Here for CEAP for Residential Customers

    Click Here for CEAP for Small Businesses


    GET THE LATEST INFORMATION ON OUR COVID-19 INFORMATION PAGE

    GO TO PAGE


    ACQUISITION OF ESPANOLA REGIONAL HYDRO

    North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited is welcoming staff and customers from the Espanola and Sables Spanish-Rivers areas. The first phase of the two-phase transaction, approved by the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) allows North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited (NBHDL) and New Espanola Hydro to operate as independent but affiliated utilities until 2022. It will be business as usual for customers of both utilities…

    Click Here


    Residential Customer

    Rights and

    Responsibilities

    Disconnection

    Click Here


    Emailing North Bay Hydro?

    Due to high volumes of SPAM email, some emails will occasionally be blocked or bounced.

    If you get a bounce, or do not receive a response please contact 705-474-8100 ext 0 to resolve the issue

ACQUISITION OF ESPANOLA REGIONAL HYDRO – Background

North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited is welcoming staff and customers from the Espanola and Sables Spanish-Rivers areas.

The first phase of the two-phase transaction, approved by the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) allows North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited (NBHDL) and New Espanola Hydro to operate as independent but affiliated utilities until 2022. It will be business as usual for customers of both utilities.

For Espanola Regional Hydro customers, all contact numbers and electric services will remain the same until 2022. Water billing for customers in Espanola is now being administered by the Town of Espanola. This change was required due to regulation. For water billing inquiries, please call 705-869-1540.

Phase 2 of the transaction is planned to take place in 2022 and will require a second OEB approval to amalgamate the two affiliated utilities into one under the name North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited.

The Town of Espanola owned 81.0% of Espanola Regional Hydro and the Township of Sables-Spanish Rivers owned the remaining 19.0%; servicing a total of 3,289 customers
NBHDL has committed to ensuring Espanola Regional Hydro continues to be a supporter of positive community initiatives and programs in Espanola and Sables-Spanish Rivers for the years to come.

The Espanola Regional Hydro distribution system will continue to be operated from the operations centre in Espanola, by Espanola Regional Hydro staff.

There will be a 10-year commitment to the current brand and logo of Espanola Regional Hydro, keeping things familiar for the customers of those communities

The acquisition process was conducted in a competitive manner and involved a number of other interested parties.
The purchase has passed the OEB No Harm Test – The OEB accepts that there is no harm to customers with respect to price, economic efficiency and cost effectiveness.

The transaction and transition costs will not be recovered by customers through future distribution rates
North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited’s customer base has remained virtually static for a long period of time. The acquisition will allow for costs to be spread over a greater customer base, resulting in benefit for all communities.

ERH-NBHDL Press Release – January 12 2018

North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited Press Release Announcing Closing – October 11 2019

Espanola Regional Hydro Website
North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited Website
Ontario Energy Board Case Number=EB-2019-0015 (includes MAADs application)